Monday 28 May 2012

Is There Anyone Insane With A Lot Of Money To Waste?

Barry on the Alan Class yahoo group posted this:

"Hi,

Having read about the high prices that dealers are trying to sell the Alan Class books for, this has got to be the ultimate in rip-off price for an Alan Class B/W comic at nearly £32,000 !!!!"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-1-1960S-MARVEL-COMICS-UK-KIRBY-RARE-CREEPY-WORLDS-32-/230775470491?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35bb4a399b

Regards
Barry


I asked the fellow who introduced me to that dealer I mentioned if he could ask him the value.  Reply within 40 minutes "£2 to £3 at the very most if you are desperate."  I will not print his response to the price being asked though he had, it seems, checked it: "Tell him (me) to note what the seller has written:'No returns accepted'!"

 Look at the image posted there -tatty edges to cover, browning pages and looks like the spine of the book is going. My top spend for it? £1.50

No comments:

Post a Comment